- 1 teaspoon olive oil 1 onion,
- chopped 2 cloves garlic,
- 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium,
- low fat vegetable broth 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 1/2 cups canned black beans, drained
- In a stockpot over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 4 minutes. Add the rice and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, bring to a boil, cover and lower the heat and cook for 20 minutes. Add the spices and black beans.